Outdoor Patch Cord Cables are commonly used to connect the RRU to the antenna or feeder cable.
- Flexibility - Patch cords allow easy connection and disconnection of the RRU from the antenna/feeder. This makes equipment changes and maintenance simpler.
- Interchangeability - Patch cords with standardized connectors can be swapped out quickly if needed. This reduces downtime if a cord gets damaged.
- Weatherproofing - Outdoor patch cords feature robust, weatherproof connectors and jacket materials that protect against outdoor elements like moisture and UV light.
- Length - Patch cords can be made in very short lengths to minimize signal loss between the RRU and antenna.
- Tidiness - Short patch cords minimize cable clutter on the cell tower/rooftop compared to long cable runs.
- Cost - Pre-assembled patch cords are relatively inexpensive compared to installing permanent cable runs.
cost-effective package. The modularity and simplicity of patch cords makes them a efficient choice for RRU setups.